Sunday, October 26, 2014

Revised Passion Project Update

For my passion project, I was originally planning on researching optical and audio illusions and why our brain interprets it the way it does. However, there was not nearly as much information on the topic as I thought there would be, so I decided it would be wiser to switch topics. When I got home, I turned on the TV and the history channel was on. The show was on mass extinctions and it looked pretty boring at first. I almost changed the channel, but the remote was all the way across the room and I was too lazy to get up. I decided to give it a shot. The longer I watched the show, the more interested I became in the topic. When the episode ended, I felt like I hadn't learned everything that I could so I decided to do a little research. There ended up being lots of information on the subject, so I decided to make that my passion project topic. In my passion project I hope to learn a lot more about previous mass extinctions. I also want to learn about when the next mass extinction will possibly be occurring and if we will become extinct with it. The most important question however is whether or not we are speeding it up and if there is anything we can do to prevent it. The only obstacle I can see coming with my project is the lack of time that we have in class. There is a lot of information on it so I will most likely have to do a lot of the work at home. It isn't really work though. I am looking forward to my research and I hope that I can learn a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment